Let’s end the cancer pandemic once and for all! Every single day, tens of thousands of people are curing cancer from destroying their bodies. It’s time to take matters into our own hands and educate ourselves on real prevention and treatments.
The Truth About Cancer is looking for Superstars – highly motivated and skilled individuals with a passion for the work that we do – to join our incredible Information Technology Team. We are searching for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help us lead the architecture strategy.
- Effectively explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Present presentations to stakeholders in an effective and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively with senior leadership.
- Provide constructive criticism on technical skills to all team members, regardless of experience level.
- Leads by example at an organizational level. Serves as a model for others across the entire company.
About the Position:
The Senior Software Engineer – Level One is responsible for taking ownership of large features from specification to completion. This role can lead the development of a low to medium complexity application and delegate tasks to more junior team members.
- Leads development of the highest complexity applications.
- Contributes individually while also overseeing all other active team projects.
- Creates high-level system architecture diagrams as well as more granular software architecture diagrams (such as Module Dependency Diagrams and Object-Oriented Diagrams)
- Champions the Technology department’s test-driven development workflow.
- Mentors more junior team members technically.
- Authors internal technical documentation.
- Defines and documents standards and best practices for the entire team.
- Audits the architecture designs of all team members and ensures the department’s architecture strategy is being followed appropriately.
- Creates architecture foundations for more junior team members to build upon.
- Identifies innovation opportunities and implements a proof of concept projects to test feasibility.
- Works with the Scrum team and Product Owner in product design and high-level roadmaps, and provides architecture guidance throughout the life of projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Expert understanding of DRY (Don’t repeat yourself) and YAGNI (you aren’t going to need it) principles.
- Expert understanding of UI/UX design principles.
- Expert understanding of SOLID design principles.
- Expert understanding of software design patterns.
- Expert understanding of test-driven development.
- 6+ years combined experience as full-stack developer and architect.
- Design, development, and deployment of MVC style web applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT related degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 10 years of field experience if no degree.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs or certifications):
- Microsoft development certifications are desirable but not required.
- Commensurate with skills and experience
- 40 hrs/wk;
- Full-Time Regular
TruNorth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here