TTAC is experiencing heavy censorship on many social media channels since we’ve been targeted by the mainstream media sellouts, social media bullies, and political turncoats. Be sure to get the TRUTH by subscribing to our email list. It’s free.
This salad is a delicious way to use your leftover chicken or turkey. It can also be enjoyed without the meat for a yummy vegetarian/vegan dish.
Pomegranate is a powerful anti-oxidant rich fruit that also contains important fatty acids for brain health. Studies indicate that it inhibits both the proliferation (rapid growth) of breast cancer cells and inflammation.
One 2011 study found that an active phytochemical within pomegranate fruit called ellagitannin inhibited an enzyme known as aromatase, which is required for the production of estrogen in the body. Since the bulk of breast cancer cases are reliant upon estrogen to fuel their growth, this is promising research.
Pomegranates are also considered one of the best foods for helping to prevent prostate cancer (along with green tea, broccoli, and turmeric – which is also part of this tasty salad).
Spinach is a leafy green vegetable rich in iron, vitamin A, carotenoids, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which all help to reduce your risk of cancer.
Using pastured poultry along with organic produce and spices will give you the greatest cancer-fighting benefits. Feel free too to add any additional veggies you enjoy to the salad such as red cabbage, mushrooms, red onions, etc.
Pomegranate Spinach Chicken Salad
Yield: Two 12-ounce servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups of fresh young spinach leaves or baby spinach
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup of cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 handful fresh basil coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped leek
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the spinach and tear into pieces placing them in a large bowl (baby spinach can be left whole).
- Prepare the herbs and spices and add to the bowl.
- Top with the chicken and pomegranate seeds.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar. Toss thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Put in serving bowls and enjoy!