TTAC is experiencing heavy censorship on many social media channels since we’ve been targeted by the mainstream media sellouts, social media bullies, and political turncoats. Be sure to get the TRUTH by subscribing to our email list. It’s free.
A holiday feast is just not the same without pretty cranberry sauce to brighten the table. Canned cranberry sauce can’t compare taste-wise or nutrition-wise to homemade, but the downside is that most cranberry sauce recipes use A LOT of sugar.
This recipe gives you the health-promoting benefits of the vitamin C and antioxidants found in cranberries and oranges, plus the boost of cinnamon, without the harm caused by processed white sugar.
Healthy Cranberry Sauce with Orange & Cinnamon
Yield: 2 cups
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
• 12 oz bag of cranberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, allow to thaw first)
• 1⁄2 cup raw honey or maple syrup
• 1 medium cinnamon stick
• Juice and zest of 1 med-large orange
• 1 cup of water OR enough water to make 1 cup of liquid (see step 3 below)
- Rinse the cranberries well and discard any mushy ones.
- Wash the orange and use a grater to zest the orange.
- Juice the orange and add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid OR for even more vitamin C and fiber, grind up the orange in a blender or food processor and add enough water to equal 1 cup of liquid.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan on the stove and heat at med-high heat until the mixture comes to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for approximately 10 minutes until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens. Stir occasionally so the mixture doesn’t stick. Cook longer if you want your cranberry sauce thicker. Add more water if you like it thinner.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature before placing in the fridge in a covered container. Cranberry sauce can be made several days ahead of time and keeps well for at least a week in the fridge.
Do you like this recipe for Healthy Cranberry Sauce? Go here to be notified each week about new, cutting-edge information that impacts your health… plus tasty, anti-cancer recipes.